Blue Line Transfer is a public disposal and recycling facility conveniently located one mile east of Highway 101 in the City of South San Francisco. There is no appointment necessary. Our disposal rates are the most competitive in the area. We use certified weight scales to make sure you pay a fair price. We charge a per ton fee that is based on material type and is prorated accordingly. Minimum fee is $38.
- ALL INCOMING LOADS MUST BE COVERED & SECURE. A $20 fee is charged to all uncovered loads. No exceptions.
- ALL VEHICLES WEIGH IN AND OUT. NO COMBINED LOADS. NO EXCEPTIONS. All charges measured by weight of volume will be rounded to the nearest whole dollar, subject to minimum charge.
- VALID I.D. REQUIRED FOR RENTAL TRUCKS/VANS AND ANY VEHICLE WITHOUT LICENSE PLATES. Valid I.D. will be held at the scale house while using facility and will be returned upon transaction completion.
- DIRT LOADS OF 6 CUBIC YARDS OR MORE ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT BLUE LINE WITHOUT A CERTIFIED ANALYTICAL TEST SHOWING 100% PASS RATE. A copy of test results must be provided to the scale house before unloading. Loads that fail in any area of testing will be rejected.
- TREATED WOOD WASTE (TWW) is hazardous. Special handling fees may be applied to any load containing TWW.
- LIMIT OF ONE TRIP PER DAY TO OUR BUYBACK CENTER. Payouts are in accordance with California Redemption Value (CRV). All payouts over $100 are made by mailed check.
- CLEAN/DRY MATTRESSES, BOX SPRINGS, FUTONS, CARPET & CARPET PADDING ARE ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING. Check price sheet for applicable charges. Click here to learn how to prepare carpet and padding for recycling.
- OUR CERTIFIED SCALE IS AVAILABLE FOR THE WEIGHING OF VEHICLES. Check price sheet for applicable charge.
- LOADS OF CONSTRUCTION & DEMOLITION DEBRIS WITH <70% RECYCLABLE MATERIAL ARE DESIGNATED TRASH. Review our Construction & Demolition Verification Policy and Memo for information regarding how to comply with landfill diversion goals and requirements set by a variety of agencies.
Need more information? Call or text us at (650) 589-4020 or use our contact form. We will reply as soon as possible and always within one business day.
Transfer Station Hours
Our regular hours are:
Monday 6:00am – 4:30pm
Tuesday 6:00am – 4:30pm
Wednesday 6:00am – 4:30pm
Thursday 6:00am – 4:30pm
Friday 6:00am – 4:30pm
Saturday 8:00am – 4:30pm
BOPA CENTER (batteries, oil, paint, antifreeze, sharps, etc.) hours are Monday-Friday from 7:00am – 4:00pm, and Saturday 8:00am – 4:00pm.
BUYBACK CENTER hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00a – 1:00pm. No weekend hours.