Residential On-Call Cleanup Program
Residents of single-family homes can schedule two free cleanups per calendar year. Additional cleanups can be scheduled for a fee. Schedule your cleanup and we’ll pick up:
12 Bags of Garbage
6 Bags of Garbage and 1 Large Item (sofa, mattress, appliance, etc)
2 Large Items (sofa, mattress, appliance, etc.)
Cleanups are scheduled for your regular collection day. An appointment is required but we do not book up. No need to schedule far in advance– we require advance notice of just 1 business day and will need to know how many bags, boxes and/or what bulky items you will be putting out for collection.
- No loose garbage will be collected; it must be placed in bags or boxes.
- Wood pieces and carpet rolls must be bundled/tied and no longer than 4 feet.
- Special Handling fees may apply to electronic waste or items requiring special handling.
- The On-Call Cleanup Program is not meant for blue and green cart overflow. If you have more recyclables or yard trimmings than will fit it your carts, please contact us for assistance.
- Hazardous waste like paint, batteries, automotive fluids, pesticides, cleaning fluids, fluorescent lamps, and similar items require special handling and cannot be collected through the On-Call Cleanup Program.
- Debris from construction, demolition, and landscaping projects should be collected via roll-off box or self-hauled to Blue Line Transfer. It cannot be collected using the On-Call Cleanup Program.
Ready to schedule? Call or text us at (650) 589-4020 or use our contact form. We will reply as soon as possible and always within 1 business day. Be sure to provide the name on the account, address or account number, and list of items you will be setting out for collection.
Before sending useful items to the landfill, please consider:
- Donating to charity like Goodwill, Salvation Army, or St. Vincent de Paul.
- Selling at a local consignment shop.
- Offering online on your favorite social media platform or on sites like Freecycle or Craigslist.
- Hosting a garage sale.